Unijobs on behalf of the HSE have a requirement for a Test Lead to work within their HBS Estates Function on a significant project – National Estates Information System (NEIS).
The duration of the post is 12 months with the possibility of an extension thereafter. Working 37 hours per week, the successful candidate will be employed as an agency employee and paid an hourly rate of €26.33 based on a salary of €50,834 with annual leave accrued based on 30 days per year.
The preference is for the selected candidates to be based in Tullamore or at least have a presence there (minimum of 2 days per week). Initial arrangements may be work from home in line with Government guidelines.
HBS Estates has identified the requirement for a National Estates Information System (NEIS) to manage the healthcare estate including, the Property Portfolio, Space & Facilities, Maintenance Management, Environmental and Sustainability, Medical Equipment, Capital Projects/Construction Management and Business Support.
The purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for coordinating all system testing activities for business users and key stakeholders facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and post production validation of development projects and releases.
Reporting to the Business Change Manager, the role works closely with the organisation’s business units and the Systems Integrator test teams to ensure development and testing efforts are completed on schedule and that solutions delivered meet all business requirements.
The candidate would ideally have more than 5 years’ experience within a similar role with a particular emphasis on business process mapping around as Is and to Be processes.
Responsibilities of the post:
- Coordinating the testing effort for UAT to ensure testing is effectively and efficiently managed
- Creating the UAT Test Plans
- Approving releases to UAT
- Reviewing test scripts, test cases and overall testing strategy to ensure accuracy
- Monitoring test progress and collating / reporting test metrics
- Reporting on UAT test status to the Project Managers
- Attending defect triage and other test meetings
- Ensuring defects are raised correctly with sufficient information to facilitate investigation
- Training HSE testers and super users on test toolset
- Coordinate all UAT activities to ensure testing is effectively and efficiently managed
- Facilitate UAT processes by reviewing test requirements and assessing business impacts of systems development
- Communicate across functional areas of the organisation, organise meetings and support training efforts to ensure effectiveness of UAT efforts
- Coordinate workshops & testing teams ensuring minimal disruption to operations activities and provide appropriate supports to business users to engage in the testing process and to conduct thorough and careful testing
- Coordinate UAT documentation and reporting/communication of any issues following test analysis back to the technical testing lead/business lead/project team as appropriate
- Assist the project lead with determining testing resource needs and providing all User Acceptance Testing Level of Effort (LOE) estimates
- Contribute to development of a test case library by creating test scripts, reviewing existing scripts, understanding business needs and developing new plans to create a framework for future UAT testing, increased efficiency and avoid duplication of work
- Identify and provide feedback regarding identified risks and trends and make recommendations regarding supports and training requirements and suggesting how issues can be addressed or prevented
- Identify quality control tasks and work with stakeholders to implement as appropriate
- Produce management reports and analysis at the appropriate stages of the User acceptance testing process
- Manage and maintain documentation ensuring that all relevant information is written up and communicated clearly and effectively at each stage of the process
- Allocate work, develop any assigned staff and ensure effective relationships in a team work context
- Performance management for the team
Closing date for this role is 31st March 2021.
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer