Unijobs DAC are currently recruiting for a Technical Officer AV/IT on behalf of the University of Limerick. The role is initially 3 months in duration. The rate of pay is €17.65 per hour and you will work 37 hours per week.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and based in the Clinical Education and Research Centre in University Hospital Limerick, the post holder will work as part of the Medical School’s Technical Support Team and as such, will support the Medical School’s audio visual and information technology infrastructure in the CERC Building and the associated peripheral sites.
The specific responsibilities of the post include the following:
- Procuring, operating and maintaining audio-visual, audio-lingual and projection equipment for the School’s off-campus AV/IT infrastructure.
- Scheduling and supporting teaching sessions using various online platforms including video-conferencing and Big Blue Button
- Recording, editing and archiving of various AV media.
- Providing remote support for staff and students
- Supporting the delivery of online examinations.
- Promoting and assisting the implementation of new technologies.
- Providing AV support for off-campus teaching, events and conferences.
- Assisting and supporting School of Medicine staff and students in developing skills in the operation of the off-campus AV/IT equipment.
- Working within the School’s Technical Team and providing cover for other technical staff, including staff based on campus, as required.
- Providing first line IT support for GEMS faculty and staff ,
- Liaising with the University of Limerick’s IT Division.
- Undertaking other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Technical Officer.
It is likely that flexibility in regard to the allocation of specific duties will be necessary. Accordingly the list of duties detailed above is not intended to be exclusive or restrictive. Alterations will take place within the remit of the Chief Technical Officer and after consultation with the appointee.
- Candidates must have the ability to work remotely and provide support in an online environment.
- The successful candidate must possess good project management skills, be highly organised, flexible and capable of working on his/her own initiative.
- They will have excellent interpersonal & communication skills, good record keeping skills and a proven record of teamwork.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate a flexible approach to skills acquisition and personal development.
- They will be proficient in the operation, maintenance and servicing of AV equipment and have at least two years’ experience in an AV/IT related role.
- Strong working knowledge of video conference technology such as polycom hdx and group systems such as Vscene, Vidyo, Skype, WebEx, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, Big Blue Button
- The ideal candidate will have strong IT support skills demonstrating knowledge in systems software such as MS Windows, MS Server technology and of desktop applications including MS office, Adobe
- Experience of Learning Content Management Systems and Virtual Learning Environments, preferably in support of a community of users or in enterprise design and delivery of these learning platforms.
- Applied knowledge of video, audio and image editing, including software such as Adobe Premier Pro, Audacity or Captivate, as well as applied knowledge of usability and design standards
- Full, clean driver’s license.
- Knowledgeable about e-Learning software such as Camtasia and Articulate
- Experience in higher education and/or healthcare
Unijobs DAC is an equal opportunities employer