Unijobs on behalf of the HSE have a requirement for a number of SQL Developers to work as part of team developing a data integration solution for a large-scale data and analytics system implementation in the healthcare sector.
The duration of the post is initially 6 months with the possibility of an extension thereafter. Working 37 hours per week, the successful candidate will be employed as an agency employee and paid an hourly rate of €29.91 per hour.
The location of the role is flexible however the successful candidate will be required to travel to Dublin from time to time for meetings.
Experience of designing and developing enterprise-level data migration and integration is a must. This includes but is not limited to:
- Experience building or operating with business intelligence data warehouses.
- Experience at the interface between OLTP source systems and operational data stores.
- SSIS skills and creating complex ETLs.
- Azure Data Factory experience is desirable
- Any experience with hospital data is a significant benefit.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide support through developing tasks, estimates, and dependencies to meet team objectives. A strong knowledge of Azure SQL and other Azure offerings centered around Data Lake, Data Factory, Table Storage, etc. would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
- Write solution design documents (HLDs and LLDs) capturing details like functional and nonfunctional requirements, data mapping and migration requirements, data transformations and data pipelines.
- Design and develop complex SQL extract logic from hospital system databases.
Experience and Competencies:
- 5 + years of experience in designing and implementing Azure and SQL Server SSIS (including the ability to write complex SQL queries T-SQL) data solutions at an enterprise level.
- Ability to write complex SQL using advanced language features and functions.
- All candidates will need to be familiar and comfortable with modern development approaches including scrum methodologies, coding standards, source code control and code review.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complex solutions to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of various data architecture concepts, models and environments (Cloud and on premises data solutions).
- Strong understanding of parallel processing utilizing Azure SQL Data Warehousing for both structured and unstructured data sources
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer.