Unijobs on behalf of the HSE have a requirement for a number of National Service Desk Regional Managers to join their core management team.
The duration of the post is 12 months with the possibility of an extension thereafter. Working 37 hours per week, the successful candidates will be employed as agency employees and paid an hourly rate of €26.33 based on a salary of €50,834 with annual leave accrued based on 30 days per year.
Positions are available in the Midlands, the West and the North East. The base location is flexible once it is within the region as Managers will be required to attend meetings with Level 2 Support team members at location(s).
You will work as part of a core Management team to ensure daily activities are maximised and productivity levels / targets are achieved by technical Level 2 National Service Desk resources based regionally.
Excellent people management, communication and leadership skills are core attributes to this role and candidates must have demonstrable experience of having managed and supervised staff and teams in ICT Service environments. Candidates should also have experience of working in 2nd Level Support roles in a complex ICT environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage National Service Desk operations to ensure daily activities are effective and productivity levels are achieved by all technical resources.
- Participate in resource management meetings to identify and escalate resource requirements across the department.
- Supervise, assigning duties, delivering performance reviews and ensuring appropriate day-to-day service delivery.
- Facilitate and participate in team meetings to ensure resources are operationally effective as a group to meet services SLA, OLA and KPI targets.
- Provide information to different stakeholders and users using various communication methods for successful delivery.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge for ticket resolution and contribute to knowledge creation and maintenance.
- Investigate and research technology options and solutions to automate and improve service delivery and turnaround.
- Provide direction in complex problem-solving situations and participate in direct interaction with technical resources when required.
- Contribute and develop the environment for continuous improvement, focusing on quality and process improvement.
- Provide supportive and effective leadership management to ensure positive, productive and healthy work atmosphere and environment.
- Provide and review data, respond to ad hoc requests when required.
- Serve as an escalation point and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Work with the appropriate stakeholder to resolve all escalated Service Desk tickets.
- Provide co-ordination and support for team leads and staff during high volume incidents.
- Regularly review and analyse service levels, identify issues and make recommendations for increased functional efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promote co-operative and collaborative working environment conducive to maximum team morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Contribute to a positive user support experience and build strong relationships with end-users.
- Implement plans agreed with senior management.
- Progress the implementation of the ITIL framework in the functioning of the National Service Desk.
- Identify and explore opportunities for service improvement.
- Host meetings, group and individual, communicate and identify gaps and knowledge.
Skills and Competencies:
- Significant experience of managing and supervising staff and teams, developing and managing ICT service environments.
- Significant experience in second level technical support in a complex ICT environment.
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams in complex environments.
- Experience of managing and working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders as relevant to the role.
- Access to appropriate transport to fulfil the requirements of the role as this post will involve travel
- Flexibility, as some out-of-hours working may be required
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer