Unijobs on behalf of the HSE have a requirement for a Level 2 IT Support Technician who will primarily work as part of the National Service Desk Team to provide Level 2 – Remote or On-Site – Technical Support. The successful candidate will be paid an hourly rate of €22.60 working 37 hours per week for an initial period of 12 months.
Support Technician’s must have access to their own car and be willing to obtain insurance indemnification.
There is also requirement to have an on-site presence in HSE locations within your geographical area – Cavan Region in this case.
Responsibilities may include, but are not restricted to:
- Provide onsite support in specific site or multiple sites i.e. mobile
- Prioritise, manage and responding to Service Desk calls in a timely manner logged on the service desk system; including travel to sites to support users within our geographical region
- Establish and build on good working relationship with customers
- Troubleshoot and if required, referral of hardware faults to third parties
- Where appropriate, assign warranties on hardware to third parties
- System administration using Active Directory
- Set up / amend Windows accounts/mailboxes
- Access and update email branding site for new and staff movers
- Management of generic NCHD accounts and profiles
- Activate and patch network points, liaise with electrical contractors and HSE voice / networks staff
- Assist the networks team when necessary
- Broadband site support, troubleshoot and diagnose problems. Liaise with the user broadband supplier and / or network support where faults occur
- Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose and solve software faults e.g. Citrix
- Install and configure computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems and applications
- Involvement with the roll-out of new systems National and Local (IPMS, NIMIS, ENDORAAD, TRACK&TRACE etc.) and systems through Service Introduction
- System Administration – amend privileges / security permissions on server shares, setup of new shared folders on existing shares
- Liaison with IPMS, NIMIS and Lab systems admin personnel regarding account setups
- Manage pst requests and data requests for staff moves
- Liaise with third party vendors for software hardware installations
- Support for new sites, installations of hardware in new locations and co-ordinating office moves to other sites
- Deal with ‘how to’ and information requests including data security and ICT policies
- Liaison with local and national ICT teams, e.g. Server and Network management
- Install individual software requests
- Managed Print devices – liaise with vendors including IP information
- Arrange, follow or advise information regarding disposal of old or obsolete equipment
- Access consoles to push or provide solutions for requests e.g. Content encryption
- Carry out backup routines and tape changes in some cases
- Follow and adhere to SD processes, procedures and follow escalation process and other matters as appropriate
- Coordinate office activities to secure efficiency and compliance to procedures and processes
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues as requested
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience working in an IT Support environment
- Must demonstrate experience of having an excellent working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite and report writing.
- Demonstrate good problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Demonstrate evidence of production of quality deliverables
- Demonstrate understanding of Irish Healthcare system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to organise work with an organized manner
- Self-starter with a willingness to take responsibility
- The ability to interact with key stakeholders in a professional manner
Third Level Education Qualification is preferable.
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer