Unijobs on behalf of one of Mayo University Hospital has a requirement for a IT Manager to work within the hospital for an initial 6-month period. The post holder will work as an agency member of staff working 37 hours per week with an hourly rate of €26.33 per hour.
The post holder will be responsible for the:
Provision of Business Intelligence and Management Reporting to meet local and national requirements, this is a priority within the hospital.
- Support for existing Information Systems and users.
- Project management and implementation of new IT systems.
- Work on Saolta Group wide systems and projects.
- Implementing national ICT policies across Mayo University Hospital.
- Server Management and Network Infrastructure is the responsibility of the Office of the Chief Information Officer. The post holder will work with the Office of the Chief Information Officer in terms of creating and managing the Hospital service requirement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The operational management of Information Services at Mayo University Hospital on a day to day basis including the management & supervision of Information Service (IS) staff.
- Assist in the planning of Information Systems developments at MUH, including selection of systems.
- Project Management of key IS Projects from Project Proposal to Project Post Implementation Review. This will involve developing specifications, participating in selection and reviewing relative success of projects post implementation.
- Monitoring and preparation of IS Budget reports.
- Supporting and enhancing existing processes and existing systems to achieve business efficiency.
- Liaising with Vendors/Suppliers and potential suppliers, including the management of contracts and service level agreements, ensuring Value for Money across all projects.
- Assist in developing ‘best practise’ IS standards including Data Protection, Data Quality and IT Security across the service at MUH through working with key hospital/HSE managers.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the General Manager.
Post specific requirements
- Experience of leading IT change management through introducing new user applications.
- Project management experience specifically in the management and deployment of software applications.
- Experience of working with a range of personnel at senior level within an organisation as relevant to this role
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of providing Management Information and Business Intelligence reports to Senior Management using tools such as Excel and SQL.
- Access to appropriate transport to fulfil the requirements as post may involve travel from time to time to attend meetings.
- Evidence of broad knowledge of ICT e.g. ICT project and change management, business intelligence analysis, application development, planning and implementation, user support and managing ICT vendors.
- Knowledge & understanding of patient based systems in a hospital/healthcare environment.
- Knowledge and evidence of report writing and business intelligence skills including expert knowledge of Excel and SQL.
- Knowledge and understanding of developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and experience of implementing and achieving the required KPIs.
- Knowledge and understanding of managing and reporting against service plans and other targets.
- The ability to successfully manage a range of different projects and work activities concurrently, utilising computer technology effectively and assigning work to others as appropriate to meet strict deadlines.
- The ability to proactively identify areas for improvement and to develop practical solutions for their implementation.
- The ability to embrace change and adapt local work practices accordingly by finding practical ways to make policies work, ensuring the team knows how to action changes.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders and to achieve results through collaborative working.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team and multi stakeholder environment.
- The ability to lead the team by example, coaching and supporting individuals as required.
- Flexibility, adaptability and openness to working effectively in a changing environment.
- Evidence of practicing and promoting a strong focus on delivering high quality customer service for internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
If you feel as though you have the relevant skillset, please apply with your up-to-date CV today.
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer.