Unijobs on behalf of our client Dublin City University, are currently recruiting a HR Business Partner to join their Human Resource Function for an initial one year period.
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, the HR Business Partner will provide a comprehensive and professional service to key stakeholders including Executive Dean of Faculty, Heads of School and Heads of Units/Centres/Companies and their staff.
- Management of relationships with key stakeholders
- Recruitment and selection
- Contract Management and Salary Administration
- Resource Planning
- Employee Relations
- Employee Welfare
- General Human Resources administration
The responsibilities of the post holder may change over time, in line with the needs of the HR Department and the wider university. A rotation of key areas of responsibilities will be the normal practice.
Areas of Focus and Responsibility
- Work with key stakeholders including Executive Dean of Faculty, respective Heads of Schools and Head of Units/Centres/Companies to ensure resource planning and talent management objectives are met.
- Implementation of Recruitment and Selection framework to meet stakeholders resource requirements.
- In conjunction with the relevant HRBP ensure the ongoing successful operation of the Research Career Framework.
- Provide a comprehensive and professional service to key stakeholders including Executive Dean of Faculty, Heads of School and Heads of Units/Centres/Companies and their staff on all HR related matters.
- Develop close and effective working relationships with the key stakeholders to ensure HR policies are implemented.
Resource Planning and Recruitment and Selection
- Engage in resource planning with the key stakeholders including Executive Dean of Faculty, Heads of School and Heads of Units/Centres/Companies to ensure an effective recruitment and selection plan is in place.
- Co-ordinate and manage all pre and post recruitment and selection activities as required, for the recruitment and selection of staff (both academic and support) including participation in interviews as appropriate.
Contracts Administration, Payroll and Benefits
- Co-ordinate the administration and issuing of both permanent and fixed term contracts of employment.
- In conjunction with the contracts team manage the monthly payrun for areas of responsibility.
- Oversee and manage the provision of a comprehensive employee benefits package and provide a source of information, expertise and advice to staff members on the existing package of benefits including salary, hours, pension, leave, Salary Protection, VHI etc. taking into account existing public sector directives.
- Be informed of superannuation administration.
- In consultation with the Employee Relations Manager and HR Operations Manager Interpret and advise on employment legislation and resolve local level employee relations issues.
- Act as the first point of contact for line managers in assisting and advising on employee relations and employee welfare issues.
- Advise line managers with regard to issues related to the management of staff performance, probations or absenteeism, in order to assist them in handling/resolving the matter.
- Work with the HR Operations Manager in reviewing HR policies to determine they remain fit for purpose for areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate as a member of the HR Business Partner team and support colleagues as and when required by undertaking work outside of the role allocation.
- Actively participate on relevant project work assigned to the HR Business Partner team.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all information held on file (both manual and electronic) and for ensuring that the information is updated, maintained and used to its maximum effectiveness.
- Prepare and furnish statistical information to management, HEA and assist HR Deputy Director and Human Resources Operations Managers with the preparation of Human Resources Reports for Governing Authority and University Executive.
Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Deputy Director of Human Resources and Human Resources Operations Manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Third Level education, preferably in HR or a related area.
- Member of CIPD.
- Minimum of three years working in a Business Partner role.
- Experience of providing HR support within a public sector environment, ideally within higher education.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships. He/She will be flexible and demonstrate a high level of initiative, enthusiasm and energy with an ability to deal with high volumes of activities.
- The ability to work as part of a team is essential.
- The postholder will be required to undertake the following mandatory compliance training: Orientation, Health & Safety and Data Protection (GDPR). Other training may need to be undertaken when required.
€49,179 to €59,260
Appointments will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and will be made on the appropriate point of the salary scale, in line with current Government pay policy.
Dublin City University is an equal opportunities employer