Unijobs on behalf of The University Hospital Limerick Group are currently recruiting for a number of Staff Officers, this post is at Grade V level and is to support the Covid-19 Vaccination roll out programme across the region. The posts will be based in Limerick, Ennis and Nenagh.
These positions are to be filled ASAP with any interested candidates to be available to commence work possibly from the 01/03/21 for a period of 6 months.
The working week will consist of 37 hours spread over the 7 days, these posts may include evening/weekend and shift work. The hourly rate of pay is € €22.60 per hour.
All shortlisted applicants will undergo an IT Skills test and must complete Garda vetting also.
Purpose of the post: To provide administrative support to the HR function, and to supervise assigned staff within remit.
Role and Responsibilities:
The position of Staff Officer Grade V encompasses both managerial and administrative responsibilities ranging from central staff functions such as personnel, finance, information technology, through the line management function of the Chief Officer to all areas of the service outlined below.
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day administration of the office.
- Ensure deadlines are met and that service levels are maintained
- Supervise and ensure the well-being of staff within own remit
- Ensure an even distribution of workload among team, taking into account absence due to annual leave etc.
- Deal with under performance in a timely and constructive manner
- Identify training and development needs of staff in own area
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant HR procedures, practices and employment legislation to perform the role effectively and to ensure current work standards are met by own team
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood and adhered to by staff in own section
- Ensure accurate attention to detail in own work and work of team
- Use appropriate technology to ensure work completed to a high standard
- Ensure that archives and records are accurate, maintained confidentially and readily available to the appropriate authority
- Embrace change and adapt local work practices accordingly, ensuring team knows how to action changes
- Encourage and support staff through change processes
- Monitor efficiency of service provided by team, identify and implement changes to the administration of the service where inefficiencies arise
- Promote co-operation and working in harmony with other teams and disciplines
- Provide training as identified to develop Managers’ knowledge of relevant HR procedures/ processes
- Promote and maintain a customer focused environment by ensuring service-users are treated with dignity and respect
- Seek feedback from service users and implement change to incorporate same, in agreement with line manager
- Ensure line management is kept informed of issues
- Ensure that the front line of the service is kept informed and that their views are communicated to middle management
- Pursue continuous professional development in order to develop HR and management expertise and professional knowledge
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards and other standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards
Have satisfactory experience as a clerical Officer in the HSE, TUSLA, other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE
Have obtained a pass (Grade D) in at least five subjects from the approved list of subjects in the Department of Education Leaving Certificate Examination, including Mathematics and English or Irish. Candidates should have obtained at least Grade C on higher level papers in three subjects in that examination.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer.