Unijobs DAC on behalf of the HSE are recruiting for a General Manager to work within acute operations. The position will be based in Dublin, due to current level 5 restrictions the candidate would be required to work remotely. The successful candidate will be paid €37.94 working 37 hours a week. The post is initially for 3 – 6 months with the possibility of extension after this period.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Hospital Group Development
Support the development of the Hospital Groups to enable them to:
- Achieve the highest standard of quality and uniformity in hospital care across the group.
- Deliver cost effective hospital care in a timely and sustainable manner.
- Encourage and support clinical and managerial leaders.
- Ensure high standards of governance, both clinical and corporate and recruit and retain high quality nurses, NCHDs, Consultants, Allied Health Professionals and administrators in all the hospitals.
- Establish and maintain key working relationships with key internal and external partners in implementing the broader Acute Services agenda.
- Support and guide the consistent implementation of National Strategies and Policies across the Acute Hospital Services.
- Support the service in the implementation of the Accountability Framework including priorities as set out in the balanced scorecard.
Service Delivery/Service Productivity
- Support the effective utilisation of resources/cost containment and ensure that budgetary and performance targets are met in accordance with the National Service Plan.
- Support the continued development of strategic performance measures in partnership with key stakeholders to enable evidence-based decision making, improved measurement of performance and demonstration of improvement.
- Further develop the analytical capabilities of the Service by leading the development of an integrated approach to the use of data (activity / HR / Finance etc.) with relevant business partners and support functions.
- Maintain and improve robust systems for the monitoring of the implementation of Acute Hospital Services priorities and objectives in line with Acute Operations’ Performance Management framework.
- Provide reports as required in order to report on the Acute Operations’ performance in relation to priorities.
- Lead and/or support specific projects on behalf of Acute Operations that includes the Acute Hospitals Drugs Management Programme (AHDMP) and various others as agreed by the Specialist Acute Lead.
- Support continued improvement in value and cost containment in drugs management across all acute hospitals.
- To act as spokesperson for the Organisation as required.
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards and implement as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc and comply with associated HSE protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
Eligibility Criteria: Qualifications and/or experience
- Significant experience of working within an acute hospital or operational setting/ function, as relevant to this role.
- A track record of delivering significant change in a complex multi stakeholder environment, as relevant to this role.
- Have demonstrated capacity to achieve results through multi-disciplinary and cross sectoral working.
- Significant experience of budget planning, financial management and resource management processes.
- Experience of leading and managing a team.
The closing date for application is 12th of April 2021
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer