Unijobs currently for exam invigilators to work in the Mayo area on behalf of NUI Galway.
Unijobs employ suitable candidates following interview and relevant screening and make them available to exam offices who schedule invigilators for each exam. Successful candidates are employed as a temporary Unijobs employee and paid an hourly rate of €13.17.
Experience of working or studying in higher education environment or second level education environment is desirable. Other valuable experience includes: customer service, working with the public and administration.
Specific Skills or Knowledge:
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Work efficiently under direction
* Ability to deal with difficult or urgent situations
* Excellent communication skills – a high standard of spoken English is essential, as all communication with candidates in the examination halls is verbal.
* IT literate with the ability to communicate via email and log onto a dedicated website to manage timesheets
* Punctuality is essential. Must be able to get to the examination venues on time and be punctual and reliable.
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Mindful of candidates’ needs
* Discreet and respectful of confidentiality
* Reliable with a flexible approach to work.
* Ability to work under pressure and maintain accuracy.
* Ability to deal with stressful situations and maintain calm.
* Invigilators are expected to be vigilant at all times in the examination halls. Please note that invigilating can be physically demanding.
* All invigilators will be required to attend a compulsory training session prior to the start of examinations.
* Setting out examination papers and stationery, equipment prior to the examination in accordance with strict procedures
* Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues
* Ensuring compliance with the regulations on the conduct of examinations
* Ensuring a calm environment in the examination hall
* Invigilating during examinations and reporting queries raised by candidates
* Collecting and counting scripts at the end of the examination
* Checking attendance during examinations
* Escorting candidates from venues during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues
* Supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner
* Collecting and collating scripts at end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures
* Assisting with any situation which may arise in the exam hall, e.g. a student becomes ill or should the exam hall need to be evacuated.
* Must have a high standard of spoken English as all communication with candidates in the examination hall is verbal
* Demonstrate flexibility, availability and cooperation
* Candidates must be available for the entire duration of the exam schedule
* Must be computer literate
* Must satisfactorily complete Garda Vetting / Police Clearance process
* Must be available to work as scheduled by relevant exam office
Note: previous experience in an education or supervisory setting is desirable.
Note: Exams taking place from the 10th to 18th of May in Castlebar
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer.