Unijobs is currently recruiting for the position of Digital Marketing Officer/Executive on behalf of the University of Limerick. The position is full time temporary, for 7 months in duration. A high level of digital marketing expertise is required for this role
University of Limerick Marketing and Communications Division works to a unified, university-wide marketing and communications strategy. The purpose of this position is to provide excellent marketing support in the implementation of that strategy.
The Digital Marketing Officer will work closely with the UL Marketing Manager as part of the MarComms team to assist in the implementation of the university’s annual undergraduate and postgraduate student recruitment digital marketing campaigns. This integrated, multi-platform approach to marketing incorporates web, social, and digital media.
The selected candidate will be a self-starter, an expert multi- tasker and communicator with a keen eye for detail, and will be responsible for campaign implementation, digital content creation, monitoring and reporting and liaising with key stakeholders including faculties, Graduate & Professional Studies and Admissions.
You will report to the Marketing Manager and will work collaboratively with the Director, Marketing and Communications Managers and Colleagues of the Marketing and Communications Division.
The position has a range of working relationships both internal and external to UL:
- The Director, managers and staff of the MarComms Division work as a cohesive team and provide marketing and communications support to the UL community of staff and students .
- External service providers including, agencies, design, advertising, video production, etc.
- UL’s internal stakeholders, Faculties, Departments; Admissions , Graduate & Professional Studies.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting the Marketing Manager on UG & PG digital marketing campaigns including planning, delivering and evaluating of all digital campaign elements, managing goals & KPI’s.Creating/ managing web, social, digital and email marketing content.
- Managing paid digital campaigns with external contractors.
- Coordinating video, photography & motion graphics and event forms.
- Tracking, measuring, and analysing the performance of digital campaigns including creating performance reports and proposing optimisation strategies, this includes web and social reports, and monthly dashboards.
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team and internal divisions to optimise UL social media platforms as a CRM solution for UL student recruitment, social listening and trouble-shooting across UL social channels.
- Optimize segmentation, campaign execution, lead scoring, nurturing and funnel pull-through to drive student applications.
- Set up A/B testing to measure performance and optimize conversion assets.
- Manage and create a scheduled yearly content calendar.
- Management of student recruitment databases ensuring data cleanliness leveraging tools such as chosen CRM systems.
- Working with the web team to ensure Postgraduate & Undergraduate websites are up to date, content rich, driving traffic that ultimately generates student applications.
- Raising the university’s profile through digital activities online via third party websites.
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy across UL’s marketing online presence.
- Ensuring that digital best practices align with brand objectives and values.
- Keeping up to date on new technologies and platforms.
Other duties as may be assigned by the Marketing Manager or Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Professional experience in digital marketing campaign, planning , implementation, management and reporting.
- 4 years’ relevant experience in a similar role within an in-house or agency marketing team.
- Relevant Honours Bachelor Degree (level 8 NFQ) in Marketing, Communication, Business, Digital Marketing or a related discipline
- Ability to lead a content-led digital marketing approach.
- Ability to manage and negotiate with external suppliers to ensure campaign effectiveness.
- Experience in digital asset creation and digital marketing campaign planning.
- Good editorial skills and attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative with the ability to think outside the box.
- Experience in producing social media marketing insights and data, interpreting Google Analytics data and reporting on campaign performance.
- Ability to manage multiple digital campaigns and marketing activities simultaneously.
- Strong expertise in Digital Marketing and Social Media reach.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and supportively with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative or with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional manner, and collaboratively.
- Demonstrable understanding of branding in a Higher educational context
- Ability to use direct marketing tools e.g. CRM systems ; email marketing programmes e.g. mailchimp
- Ability to use Microsoft packages
Unijobs DAC is an equal opportunities employer
Closing Date: 19th January 2021