Unijobs on behalf of the HSE Community Healthcare West are currently recruiting for the position of Communications Specialist for a period of six months. The ideal candidate will have previous public health experience along with crisis management skills. The successful candidate will have a working week of 37 hours Monday to Friday and the candidate must be available to start immediately. The salary for this post is €43,628. This position will be based in Galway city.
The post holder will work within the CHO Communications Function and report to the Business Manager. The Communications Function provides advice, support, training and execution of both internal and external communication activities.
The successful candidate must be available immediately, have access to their own transport and be happy to travel within the Community Healthcare West (Galway, Mayo & Roscommon). Should you have a background in public sector communications, crisis management, digital and social media please apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to media queries promptly and accurately, reflecting existing communications policy, objectives, work, and initiatives
- Support the launch of new services and promote existing services by developing and delivering innovative and effective communication plans for external audiences
- Arrange appropriate media interviews/press conferences and provide preparation and briefing support to interviewees
- Seek balanced coverage in the media
- Source and place stories on our services in the local & national press and relevant health service websites and publications
- Research, write and prepare communication materials and press releases
- Support social media activity by sharing relevant content for the public/external stakeholders
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Support the management of PR aspects of potential crisis situations
- Demonstrate excellent and accurate writing, editing and communications skills, tailored for target audiences, with an understanding of online and offline writing requirements.
- Be Service User centred and understand the Organisations fundamental mission, values, purpose, structure and strategic goals.
- Contribute as part of a high-functioning team, with concurrent projects and competing priorities and deadlines.
- Perform duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned by your line manager
Should you feel you are necessarily equipped for this position, please do not hesitate to apply.
The deadline for applications is Monday April 12th.
Unijobs is an equal opportunities employer.